Welcome to Northern State University, a school that has been recognized nationally as one of the best and most affordable institutions in the Midwest. It has also been recognized by students as a place where they can follow their dreams and succeed. Since its inception in 1901, NSU has been dedicated to providing a superior education. At NSU, you’ll be more than just a number. You will belong. Be you. Be us. Be Northern.
Northern boasts one of the most beautiful campuses in the Midwest.
Historic buildings blend with modern facilities, all centered around a park-like campus green.
The campus is within walking distance of downtown Aberdeen, so students can easily explore the community of about 26,000 people.
Aberdeen is growing, but still manages to keep a safe, small-community atmosphere.
Try pheasant hunting, explore magical Storybook Land or watch a play at the historic downtown Capitol Theater.
Northern Quick Facts:
- 3,622 enrollment
- 493 graduate students
- 74 percent residents, 60 percent women
- $7,269 current resident undergraduate tuition and fees (30 credits)
- 95 percent of first-time, full-time degree- seeking students received aid
- 41 undergraduate bachelor's degree programs; 8 associate degree programs; 8 certificates
- Nine master's degree programs
- 37 graduate student assistants
- $16 million (2009 Dollars) in long-run economic impact
Data as of 2012-2013 academic year
Students: Why They Chose Northern
Click HERE to hear from just a few of Northern's many successful, satisfied students.
Faculty: Get to Know Northern