Northern's master's degree program in banking and financial services prepares you for a career in the banking and financial services industry. As a banking and financial services professional, it will give you the tools you need to advance.
To give you the chance to complete this degree while building your career, courses will be taught online, supplemented by a capstone course, in which you'll meet on Northern’s campus for one week during the summer of your second year in the program.
Top-level instruction for top-level positions
he Banking and Financial Services program through NSU has given me specific tools I need to grow in the banking industry and my career."
B.S., M.S. in Banking and Financial Services
Northern worked with professionals in the financial services industry to develop a curriculum that meets the needs of the financial services sector, which will give you the education and skills needed by top-level executives in the banking and financial services industry. Meet those professionals on our Advisory Board page.
In-depth exploration of all aspects of banking and finance
Students completing the master's degree in banking and financial services will acquire:
• Advanced knowledge of accounting, management, marketing, and finance as they apply to banking and financial services
• Advanced knowledge of and adherence to the regulatory and legal environment of banking and financial services
• Applied knowledge of risk management principles and techniques
• Expanded analytical, technical, and critical thinking skills to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve problems as they apply to banking and financial services, and
• An ability and willingness to employ ethical principles and observe legal compliance when making banking and financial services decisions