Campus Alert System
Safety and security is important at Northern; that's why we have a Campus Alert System (also known as "everbridge") for all students, faculty, and staff. During an emergency, critical emergency-related alerts are sent directly to users' cell, home, and/or office phone or email.
Campus Alert System Login/Signup
To Report a Safety Incident
Use the Incident Reporting Form to report concerns about a student’s safety or behavior that may pose a threat to another student. In this context, an "incident" is an event that does NOT warrant immediate intervention.
In an emergency or crisis situation that requires immediate intervention, call 9-911 from a campus phone or 911 from all other phones.
Student Center 212
Phone: 605-380-8925 (cell)
NSU campus security is provided by a member of the Aberdeen Police Department who serves the campus through a service contract while maintaining a position with the Aberdeen Police Department.
The campus officer:
- Files police reports as needed
- Helps make the campus a safe and welcoming home environment for students, faculty and staff
- Makes presentations on topics including safety, steps to reduce crime, theft prevention, appropriate use of social media, drug and alcohol issues, sexual assault awareness and prevention, and more
- Oversees Operation Registration, through which students may keep a list of their personal property on file in the Campus Security Office to aid in recovery in the event of loss or theft
- Answers law enforcement-related and campus or community resource questions
to see the video"Just Yell Fire" on combating violence against women.