Northern's Office of Institutional Research is to meet the information needs of the decision and policy makers of the institution as they try to fulfill NSU's mission by meeting the educational and social needs of the students.
To do this, the Office of Institutional Research shall:
- Provide information that can be effectively used in the institution's decision- and policy making process;
- Develop information systems that are easy to use and consistently accurate;
- Maintain a reputation for timeliness, accuracy, objectivity, and consistency;
- Educate constituents in the interpretation and use of information;
- Make use of external sources of information to keep abreast of regional and national trends in higher education;
- Recognize information that should be maintained as confidential and train other members of the NSU community to do the same;
- Use current and effective methods, techniques, and knowledge gained through professional development opportunities; and
- Be an excellent ambassador for NSU to Aberdeen, the state of South Dakota, and the nation by striving for excellence in its cooperative service with them.