No matter where you come from, you’ll be happy to call Aberdeen home. Aberdeen is the third-largest city in the state, with a population of about 26,000. It combines the best of big-city amenities with the warm, welcoming atmosphere of a small town. In your free time, you’ll find plenty to see and do:
- Aberdeen has lots of great restaurants and cafés where you can hang out with friends.
- There’s live music happening all over town throughout the year.
- You can hike the 210-acre Wylie Park. Or bike the city’s extensive trail system.
- Enjoy cross-country skiing and outdoor ice skating.
- Watch a play or catch a movie at the historic Capitol Theatre.
- Root for the Aberdeen Wings, our city’s NAHL ice hockey team.
When you leave NSU after graduation, you’re sure to take many fine memories of Aberdeen with you. So make plans to visit NSU. And be sure to save some time to take in the pleasures of Aberdeen. We love this city and you will, too.
Northern State University is committed to providing educational and cultural opportunities for members of our community, region, and state. As a student at NSU, you'll have opportunities to volunteer at many local agencies and enjoy our community and regional events.