The Northern State University Office of University Relations is responsible for ensuring that all communications that represent Northern convey a consistent and cohesive identity shared by the entire university community.
The director of University Relations is responsible for providing public relations counsel to the president and other university administrators.
All publicity and promotional materials for Northern must be approved by the director of University Relations prior to production. To ensure consistency, quality and accuracy of all publications, it is required to consult the director of University Relations when requesting our service. The director is responsible for delegating projects and managing workload. Our work is designed to support the administration, faculty and staff in their efforts to recruit and retain students, strengthen alumni interest and support, and provide the public with information about Northern.
The following guidelines and policies are intended to acquaint the Northern community with the optimal way to use our department and the services we offer.
University Relations should be contacted before statements are made to the general public, including, but not limited to:
- News media through press releases, news/press conferences, television interviews, etc.
- Releasing any information about an event, emergency, crime, controversy, etc. that occurs on the NSU campus
- Putting faculty/staff members in contact with the proper media authority seeking their expertise
Logos and Identity Guidelines
University Relations offers in-house graphic design for the Northern community. We produce a wide variety of quality promotional and publicity materials that can be distributed in print or Web formats.
To continue to produce the highest quality designs and layout, we ask that the following guidelines be strictly adhered to:
All publications and promotional materials including business cards, letterhead, posters, flyers, newsletters, advertisements, billboards, etc. must be approved by the director of University Relations prior to final printing.
• Any office seeking off-campus printing for a publication must contact University Relations with ALL information at least eight weeks prior to the date it wishes to have the project.
• Any office seeking on-campus printing for a publication must contact University Relations with ALL information at least three weeks prior to the date it wishes to have the project.
• If you wish to have a photographer at your event, contact University Relations at least two weeks before the date of the event. *** Photograph requests are subject to availability. Photographs taken for University Relations are intended for use in publications and marketing that are directly related to Northern.
• All requests for graphic design work will be processed in the order that they are received.
Is available for assistance regarding planning, organization and logistics of communication projects
Works with several departments to create the materials used in recruitment and retention of students, and
Is available to assist with graphic design services and content for publications, advertising or public relations directly related to Northern