Honors Program Admission
The Northern State University Honors Program admits 50 students each academic year. Students are admitted to the NSU Honors Program three ways:
1. First year and transfer students with ACT scores of 27 or above (and the equivalent) are automatically admitted to the NSU Honors Program with completion of an application.
2. Students with ACT scores of 24 – 26 who rank in the top 25% of their high school graduation class are encouraged to apply to the NSU Honors Program.
3. Northern State University students who have completed 24 credits of coursework and who have a GPA (including transfer credits) of 3.5 or above are invited to apply to the NSU Honors Program.
Requirements to graduate from NSU in Honoribus
1. 18 credit hours in Honors courses, including:
- 3 credits in two Honors seminars
- 9-12 credits in Honors general education courses
- 0-3 credits in Honors contracted classes
- 3 credits for an Honors thesis or project
2. Completion of an Honors thesis or project, which must be completed at an A or B level (as determined by the Honors thesis advisor)
3. 3.5 overall GPA
New freshmen and current Honors students will find more information and resources on myNSU.