Navigate Up
Sign In
Contact Information
Registrar's Office
Peggy Hallstrom, Registrar
Dacotah Hall 103
1200 S. Jay St.
Aberdeen, S.D. 57401
Phone: 605-626-2012
Fax: 605-626-2587


Visit us on Facebook
The WolfPACT Scholarship
Guaranteed Scholarship
The largest guaranteed four year scholarship in the Midwest. Money you can count on. Get your ACT Score; find out your scholarship award. It's that simple!
Learn More!
Two Northern students chatting outside the Krikac Administration Building
Transcript Information


Transcript Forms
Please ensure that you choose the correct transcript request form. If you are not sure which form to use, please contact the Registrar's Office.



To request a transcript

Fill out the appropriate transcript request form linked above; or,

Include the following information in a letter:  


  • Full name and any former names used while attending any of the universities
  • Social security number or student identification number
  • Date of birth
  • Dates of attendance at each university attended
  • Current address and daytime phone number
  • Complete address to which each transcript is to be sent
  • Your written signature (federal law prohibits acceptance of a computer-generated signature)


Mail or fax the completed form or letter to:


Records/Registration, Enrollment Services

Attention: transcripts

1200 South Jay Street

Northern State University

Aberdeen, S.D. 57401


Fax: 605-626-2587



Transcript Fees

Official transcripts are $5 for the first transcript and $2.50 for each additional transcript (per request), payable at the time the request is made. For Si Tanka University, Huron University and Huron College transcripts, enclose a $5 fee for EACH copy you request.


Make checks payable to Northern State University. Credit card information is also accepted. Payment must be received before transcripts will be sent.  



Exclusions and Restrictions

  • Email or telephone requests will not be honored
  • Transcripts will not be issued to anyone with an outstanding balance owed to any of the six universities listed below under "What is an official transcript?"
  • Copies of test scores (for example, TOEFEL, GRE, ACT, SAT, GMAT, CLEP, AP) or transcripts of academic work from other institutions will not be provided; you must contact the original institution


What is an official transcript?
An official transcript is a legal document printed on safety paper which bears the university seal and university registrar's signature for each university attended.
The six South Dakota public universities listed below share student records in a single database:
  • Black Hills State University - Spearfish
  • Dakota State University - Madison
  • Northern State University - Aberdeen
  • South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - Rapid City
  • South Dakota State University - Brookings
  • The University of South Dakota - Vermillion
Students may obtain a consolidated set of academic transcripts from any university reflecting all academic credit from all South Dakota public universities. For coursework taken Fall 2003 and later, students no longer need to request a transfer of courses from one South Dakota public university to another.
If you have been asked to submit an official transcript, you should request that it be mailed directly to the requesting individual, school or company; or, if they allow it to be enclosed with an application, you should enclose it in the unopened NSU envelope in which you receive it.
Unofficial Transcripts
Unofficial transcripts may be obtained through WebAdvisor. Log in and choose the unofficial transcript/course listing option on the student menu.