- Gain job leverage from study abroad: Hear Michelle Obama's take HERE.
has opened its summer program on Responsible Management for June 2014! Click HERE
to find out more and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to schedule an appointment.
Tentative Summer 2014 Dates: 7/10/14 – 8/11/14
International Partnerships in Education (IPIE.US) is pleased to announce its newly restructured 2014 Summer Teaching Program in China. The program offers educators, and student education majors, the opportunity to spend the summer in China enhancing the conversational English skills of Chinese elementary, middle, and high school students. This unique escorted experience, in collaboration with Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, consists of two teaching program sessions in Guangzhou, China with private cultural tours of Guangzhou and Beijing, China.
Program Cost: $2,000
Northern's Office of International Programs offers programs at 48 different universities in 18 different countries. Students from ANY discipline can study abroad – make an appointment with the study abroad advisor to see which programs meet your needs!
Approved Programs by Destination
Summer (short-term) Programs
To apply to study off-campus for a semester, students must meet the following requirements:
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Have completed at least 48 credit hours while studying off-campus
• Have a history of good conduct with the university. All conduct and alcohol violations will be evaluated by the Office of International Programs
Students who do not meet these requirements can still study abroad through faculty-led programs or short-term summer abroad programs.
It's never too early to begin researching off-campus study.
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 Session and complete the Intent to Study Abroad Quiz. Then, talk to your advisor to see how an off-campus experience would complement your academic plan of study. You also may read through the checklist and credit information below to help you get started.