TRiO Student Support Services staff at Northern are passionate and enthusiastic about student success! Each SSS staff member is focused on helping students reach their academic and personal goals.
TRiO Student Support promotes eligible students' personal, academic, and professional growth and achievement. Find out more on our Facebook Page
Who We Serve
- First-generation college students
- Students who meet income qualifications, and/or
- Students with disabilities, according to U.S. Department of Education regulations
What We Do
- Academic advising
- Financial literacy and grant aid
- Career and academic counseling
- Cultural events and workshops, and
- Residential peer mentoring learning community activities
By participating in the TRiO Student Support Services Program, eligible students can guarantee that they will receive the resources the need for academic and personal success.
How to Apply
To benefit from TRiO SSS at Northern, you must complete an application and be accepted to the program. An online program application is attached below. For help or information, contact University College at left or stop by Dacotah Hall 101.
TRiO Online Workshops
TRiO Financial Literacy Course