TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) staff at Northern are passionate and enthusiastic about student success! Each SSS staff member is focused on helping students reach their academic and personal goals.
TRIO Student Support promotes eligible students' personal, academic, and professional growth and achievement.
Who We Serve
- First-generation college students
- Students who meet income qualifications, and/or
- Students with disabilities, according to U.S. Department of Education regulations
What We Do
- Academic advising
- Financial literacy and grant aid
- Career and academic counseling
- Cultural events and workshops, and
- Residential peer mentoring learning community activities
By participating in the TRIO Student Support Services Program, eligible students can guarantee that they will receive the resources they need for academic and personal success.
How to Apply
To benefit from TRIO SSS at Northern, students must apply and be accepted to the program. To begin, complete and submit the TRIO Application,
also available at top right. For help or information, contact University College or stop by Dacotah Hall 101.