International Business is an interdisciplinary major that culminates in a Bachelor of Arts degree offered jointly by the NSU College of Arts and Sciences and NSU School of Business.
Our program integrates coursework in business administration, a foreign language, and regional/cultural studies.
Students are required to study abroad for the international business major. Students have the option to choose between preapproved exchange partners, a faculty led trip, or an international internship.
The International Business Program offers study abroad programs with top business schools in Australia, Canada, Chile, China, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Scotland, South Korea, and Thailand - also through the Magellan Exchange Consortium.
After completing the business core requirements, International Business Program requirements include:
International Business Core Requirements (12 credits):
• BADM 440 - International Financial Management
• BADM 468 - International Management
• BADM 478 - International Marketing
• ECON 442 - International Finance
Foreign Language (8 credits): Introductory I and II
Study Abroad/Cultural Experience and/or Additional Foreign Language (6-8 credits)
Cultural, Political, Geographic Studies (6 credits): Choose two (2) courses from the three different areas:
• Area 1 - Cultural Studies
• Area 2 - Political Studies
• Area 3 - Geographic Studies
Electives (Choose two): (6 credits)
• ACCT 421 - International Accounting
• BADM 379 - International Logistics
• BADM 458 - International Business Law
• BADM 479 - International Human Resource Management
• BADM 480 - International Sales and Negotiations
• BADM 486 - Reading in Business Problems
• BADM 494 - Internship 1-12 credits
• ECON 441 - International Trade
• EXCH 489 - Student Exchange - International 0-18 credits
• Additional language courses
Total: 38-40 credits
See our four-year plan to see what it would look like to major in international business.