Northern State University’s Grants and Sponsored Research office, commonly known as the NSU Grants Office, provides research administration services for Northern.
The NSU Grants Office provides pre- and post-award services for faculty, staff and students. This includes assistance with:
- Locating funding sources for ideas and proposed projects
- Securing application materials; preparing proposals and grant applications;
- Coordinating the on-campus proposal approval phase;
- Serving as the authorized organizational representative in submitting completed grant applications to funding agencies;
- Interpreting agency award letters to determine grant administrative responsibilities;
- Establishing a fund for grants; and
- Maintaining a deliverables calendar.
The office also prepares and maintains policies and procedures intended to ensure that the university can support proposed projects adequately and fulfill the requirements of the ensuing grants and contracts.
The Grants Office is a communication hub to help keep the university up-to-date on internal and external research opportunities and helps ensure that the university is in compliance with increasingly complex funding regulations.
Northern is committed not only to faculty research, but student research. Our Undergraduate Research website provides resources for student researchers, and the NSU-wide proposal process is available to help students find funding for their research projects.
The NSU Grants Office is located on the first floor of Spafford Hall in Suite 103. A library there offers information related to research funding opportunities and research administration, as well as facilities for webinars and small meetings.
NSU Undergraduate Competitive Research Grant
Request for Proposal
Proposal Cover Page
Final Progress Report