1. Contact your home university coordinator.
2. Fill out all necessary home university application forms.
- Online Housing Application
- Official transcript of university courses (must be in English)
- Official High School Transcript (must be in English)
4. Send complete application packet to:
International Student Advisor
Northern State University
1200 South Jay Street
Aberdeen, South Dakota USA 57401-7198
5. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. Incomplete
applications will not be processed. Please note that applications take approximately
2-4 weeks to be processed.
6. Your home university coordinator will receive your acceptance letter, finance
guarantee statement and I-20 document.
7. You are responsible for obtaining a student visa at the US Embassy in your country.
All fees associated with the visa process are paid by the student.
8. Send the International Student Advisor at Northern your arrival schedule. We will arrange
to meet you at the airport when you arrive in Aberdeen.
Application deadlines: For priority application, we suggest you follow the deadlines listed below. Late applications will be accepted, however, we cannot guarantee processing in 2-4 weeks after the deadline.
Fall semester (August-December): April 15
Spring semester (January-May): November 15