Greetings from Northern State University's School of Business! As the dean of the School of Business, I am excited to invite you to explore what we have to offer here in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
Northern State University offers a high quality education in a beautiful, residential campus setting. Northern is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our Center of Excellence in International Business and Entrepreneurship is internationally accredited by the Network of International Business Schools. Our School of Business is in candidacy for accreditation with the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs.
The NSU School of Business stresses a sound understanding of international business and economic principles in the context of ethical decision-making and behavior. All of our graduates pledge fealty to our student-developed Business Code of Ethics.
The School of Business offers traditional majors, such as accounting, professional accounting, business administration, economics, finance, management, management information systems, and marketing. Northern also offers unique majors in International Business and Banking and Financial Services.
Northern offers a unique online masters degree in banking and financial services,which culminatesin anon-campus experience in the final semester.
The School of Business at Northern can offer you numerous opportunities to start and improve your career. I invite you to visit with me or any of the talented faculty or staff in the School of Business to map out a career-oriented educational plan for you.
Dr. Bill Broucek
Dean, School of Business
|Advisory Board||NSU Members|
Members of the NSU School of Business Banking and Financial Services Advisory Board are people with industry experience in the financial services sector of South Dakota and North Dakota.
- Serve as a liaison between NSU and the banking and financial services industry;
- Advise the School of Business on curriculum issues that reflect industry needs and trends;
- Promote student awareness of opportunities and experiences in the financial services sector and serve as a contact for internship and career opportunities; and
- Provide guidance in the development of the master's degree in banking and financial services to better prepare students and provide the skills needed to advance to higher-level positions within the financial services sector.
- Bret Afdahl, Director of Banking - S.D. Banking Commission
- Tim Ahartz, Sr. VP/Chief Risk Officer - BankWest
- Bruce Byrum, President - First Interstate Bank
- Daryl Ebach, Regional President - Wells Fargo
- Kelly Eisemann, Loan Officer - First State Bank of Roscoe
- Curt Everson, President - S.D. Bankers Association
- Robert Entringer, Commissioner - N.D. Department of Financial Institutions
- Rod Fouberg, Chairman of the Board - Dacotah Bank, Inc.
- Bruce Haerter, President/CEO - Farmers State Bank
- Curt Hage, Chair/CEO/Director - Home Federal Bank
- Brent Heinert, President - Plains Commerce Bank
- Arlo Hintz, Senior VP/Area Branch Manager - CorTrust Bank
- Dave Johnson, CEO/Chairman - Reliabank Dakota
- Ken Karels, President/CEO - Great Western Bank
- Tim Karsky, Market President - Starion Financial
- Greg McCurry, President/CEO - Independent Community Bankers of S.D.
- Pierce McDowell, Co-Chairman/Co-Chief Executive Officer - S.D. Trust Companies
- Garry Peterka, Senior Vice President - Quoin Financial Bank in Miller
- Cindy Walsh, President - US Bank - Aberdeen