The NSU Office of Purchasing and Accounts Payable provides assistance to faculty, staff, and students for requisitions and purchasing of items.
Code of Ethics
Northern State University is a member of National Association of Educational Procurement.
Purchasing professionals must have a highly developed sense of professional ethics to protect their own and their institution's reputation for fair dealing. To strengthen ethical awareness, and to provide guidelines for its members, NAEP has long promoted a code of ethics.
NAEB Code of Ethics
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.
Members are also encouraged to participate in continuing open discussions of ethical principles with their colleagues and with others.
S.D. Office of Procurement Management: Provides information related to state contracts
S.D. Board of Regents Sourcing Manager: To register as a vendor and bid solicitation
NSU Purchasing Policy and Procedures
NSU Surplus Property Policy and Procedures
Specification Document Form
OPM Brand Name Specification Form
Printing Specifications Template Form
State Sole Source Form
State Emergency Form
Non-Standard System Request Form
Surplus Notification Form
Conference Registration Signature Form
W9 Federal I.D. Form
Capital Asset Purchase Form
Off-Campus Food Request Form
Account Code to Commodity Crosswalk
Commodity Code to Account Crosswalk
Banner Screen Quick Reference Guide
Airline Ticket Purchases
- Secure your reservation with a local travel agent;
- Submit a requisition in SDezBuy the same day;
- A purchase order will be created and the PO number will be faxed or called in to the travel agency;
- The travel agent will deliver all tickets to the Purchasing Office;
- The Purchasing Office will notify requestor to pick up ticket when received;
- Requestor will turn in ticket stub with travel payment detail to the Office of the Vice President of Finance and Administration upon return.
Conference Registration, Memberships, Order Forms
Complete the registration form and attach the form and conference agenda, order, or membership form to an Interna Requisition and submit to the Purchasing Office. The Purchasing Office staff will register via Internet, fax or mail the form with the Purchase Order or payment if required.
In order to pay for a conference registration prior to a conference, the Purchasing Office must have the requestors signature. Please print out the Conference Registration Signature Form and submit to the Purchasing Office.
When a consultant contract is filled out (for a State Account Number only), a W-9 form must be completed as well. The S.D. Auditor's Office will no longer set up a vendor with only the consultant contract.