Jerde Hall houses many NSU athletes due to its convenient location near NSU's Barnett Center, soccer complex and tennis courts.
Jerde Hall, a four-story building with space for 360 students, is located on the east edge of campus along South State Street.
The fourth floor is closed off for special community use.
- Named for Dr. Walter Jerde, professor and dean of education, who served the Northern campus 1947-1966
- Laundry facilities, a lounge and game room with table tennis and TV are located in the basement. The main lobby on the first floor has a TV and two pool tables. There are lounges on every floor with a TV and microwave and toaster. The second floor and fourth floor lounges feature kitchen areas
- Rooms have individual beds, desks, shelves, and dressers on each side of the room as well as spacious closets
- The NSU soccer complex and tennis courts are east of the building; the Barnett Center and Johnson Fine Arts Center are to the west
- Wireless internet access is located throughout the hall, and individual rooms are wired for high-speed internet
Standard Jerde Hall Room Layout