Dr. Courtney Waid-Lindberg
Internship Coordinator, College of Arts & Sciences
If you're studying in Northern's College of Arts and Sciences, you'll be encouraged to augment your studies with an internship - a great experience that will help you determine exactly what you'd like to do after graduation.
Your junior year is a good time to visit with a faculty member about your after-graduation options.
For information, explore the resources below, or visit the NSU Career Center.
CAS Department Internships
Biology, Chemistry and Physics, and Mathematics TAKE NOT TO DEPT HOMEPAGE BUT TO DEDICATED DEPT INTERNSHIP PAGE?
Internships Coordinator: Dr. Alyssa Anderson
Medical Laboratory Science
Specialization in Forensic Science
Pre-Professional Programs to include: Pre-Chiropractic, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Med, Pre-Mortuary Science, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Physician’s Assistant
Languages, Literature and Communication Studies
Internships Coordinator: Dr. Peter Ramey
English (BA and BSED)
Creative Writing, Literature, Professional Writing and Rhetoric, Teaching, Teaching English as a Second Language
Spanish (BA and BSED)
Emphases in: Communication Studies and Public Relations
History, Sociology, Political Science and Geography
Internships Coordinator: Dr. Courtney Waid-Lindberg
History Education (BSED)
Social Science (BSED)
Specializations in Criminal Justice, Gerontology, and Human Services
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics
English, Linguistics, Language, and Speech Communication
- English 494: The Internship
- English 494: Internship Contract
- Internships for students in Language and Speech Communication must:
- provide substantial work and independent thinking;
- include a letter of recommendation for the supervisor upon conclusion of the internship;
- include a daily log of activities, and
- conclude with a paper synthesizing what was done during the internship and what was learned.
History, Geography, Political Science, and Sociology