The Dakota Corps scholarships are four-year, full-tuition-and-fee scholarships for South Dakota high school seniors who plan to major in and then become employed in one of the following critical-need occupations:
- Teacher - High School Math
- Teacher - High School Science
- Teacher - Elementary or Secondary Special Education
- Teacher - High School Career and Technical Education
- Accountant / Auditor
- Engineer (includes all fields EXCEPT mining)
- Information Technology
- Registered Nurse
Students must have a composite ACT score of 24 or greater and have graduated from an accredited South Dakota high school with a GPA of 2.8 or greater on a 4.0 scale. In addition, recipients must agree to stay in South Dakota and work in their critical-need occupation for as many years as the scholarship was received plus one year.
Applications will be available from your high school guidance counselor or www.state.sd.us/dakotacorps/default.html.