The information reported in the FAFSA is used in a formula to calculate Expected Family Contribution (EFC). EFC is the amount you and your family are expected to provide toward educational expenses.
To determine financial need, the EFC is subtracted from the cost of attendance (tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board, personal and transportation expenses).
- Cost of Attendance minus Expected Family Contribution = FINANCIAL NEED
Aid applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be registered with the Selective Service, if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25
- Must be admitted to NSU in a qualified degree or certificate program
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by NSU
- May not be in default on a federal student loan
- Must not owe an overpayment of a federal loan or grant