Northern State offers a Master of Science degree in Banking and Financial Services. The master program prepares you for a career in the banking and financial services industry, and will give current banking professionals the tools they need for advancement.
To give you the chance to complete this degree while building your career, courses will be taught online, supplemented by a capstone course, in which you'll meet on Northern’s campus for one week during the summer of your second year in the program.
NSU is home to one of the few undergraduate Banking and Financial Services programs in the country. Graduates work across the country as loan officers, compliance and regulation officers, internal auditors, and more. Other graduates are employed at the South Dakota State Banking Commission and the South Dakota Legislative Audit. Graduates also hold positions at public accounting firms, credit unions and in the insurance field.
Northern worked with professionals in the financial services industry to develop a curriculum that meets the needs of the financial services sector, which will give you the education and skills needed by top-level executives in the banking and financial services industry.
Students completing the M.S. degree in Banking and Financial Services will acquire:
• Advanced knowledge of accounting, management, marketing, and finance as they apply to banking and financial services
• Advanced knowledge of and adherence to the regulatory and legal environment of banking and financial services
• Applied knowledge of risk management principles and techniques
• Expanded analytical, technical, and critical thinking skills to anticipate, identify, analyze and solve problems as they apply to banking and financial services, and
• An ability and willingness to employ ethical principles and observe legal compliance when making banking and financial services decisions