Gypsy Day Parade Float Registration
To inquire about late registration, email email@example.com or call 605-626-3007.
A late fee of $10 will be added to the $25 registration fee.
No applications for registration will be accepted after Sept. 26.
2013 Parade Winners
• Overall Best Entry: Lien Transportation
• President's Award (Best NSU Entry): Northern State University Campus Activities Board
• Mayor's Award (Best Aberdeen Area Community Entry): Roncalli Boy Scouts Pack 359
• Chamber Award (Best Aberdeen Area Business Entry): Centennial Homes
• Northern Pride Award (Best Representation of Theme): Dial-a-Move Inc.
• Northern Spirit Award (Best Group Participation): Aberdeen Family YMCA
• Gypsy Award for best vehicle entry: Wheat Growers
• Thunder's Award for best animal entry: Wells Fargo Bank
• Good Samaritan Award: Brown County Sheriff's Department
• Overall winner and Gold Award: Platte-Geddes High School
2013 Parade Marshal: Lester Clarke, former NSU interim president, vice president, dean and professor
Past marshals: 2012: Bob Olson, retired Northern State University athletic director; 2011: Dr. Jack Warner, executive director of the S.D. Board of Regents; 2010: Mary Cundy, Joanna Goetz, and Deanna Mauck, founding master teachers for the NSU Center for Statewide E-learning; 2009: Dr. James Smith, NSU president, and Dr. Connie Ruhl-Smith; 2008: Mike Levsen, Aberdeen mayor and NSU alum