ABERDEEN, S.D. – The Northern State University Science Club will host a blood
drive from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3, in Dacotah Hall.
Make Appointments in Advance
The Science Club will have tables set up in the Student Center, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Sept. 18-19
to schedule appointments to donate. You can also register online
, using the sponsor code nsu.
For more information regarding the blood drive or registration, contact Janne Jockheck by email at email@example.com
or at 605-626-3437.
Tips for a Successful Donation
According to the Red Cross:
• Get a good night's sleep.
• Drink an extra 16 oz. of water or nonalcoholic fluids before the donation.
• Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron-rich foods, such as red meat, fish, poultry, beans, spinach, iron-fortified cereals and raisins
• Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream, before donating.
• Remember to bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID.