ABERDEEN, S.D. – Five musical performances are planned in conjunction with a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition currently on display at Northern State University’s Williams Library.
The performances, which are free and open to the public, include:
• Folk Revival Night, 8 p.m. May 19, Red Rooster Coffee House
• Art and Bicycle Spectacle, with musical performance by Art Marmorstein, 4 p.m. May 26, Red Rooster Coffee House
• Bryan Akipa, traditional Native American flutist and oral historian, 7 p.m. May 27, Williams Library
• Pete Burckhard, acoustic blues performance, 7 p.m. June 6, Williams Library
• Flying Pig Fiddle & Banjo Band, old-time Southern Appalachian string band, 3 p.m. June 10, Williams Library
“New Harmonies: Celebrating American Roots Music,” which will be on display at Williams Library through June 10, is hosted by NSU in cooperation with the South Dakota Humanities Council. The exhibit, which is geared toward grade 4 and up, includes photographs, recordings, instruments, lyrics and artist profiles.