ABERDEEN, S.D. – For the first time, Northern State University students have earned social media certification through the HootSuite social media management system.
Eighteen Northern students in instructor Kristi Bockorny’s marketing communications class went through the training, called HootSuite University.
HootSuite allows businesses and organizations to manage their social networks – such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ Pages – from one secure, web-based dashboard, according to information on its website. Businesses and organizations can launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. The Vancouver, Canada-based HootSuite has more than 6 million global users spanning six continents. (For more information, visit www.hootsuite.com
The NSU students who have completed HootSuite University are:
• Benjamin Buckingham: Sheridan, Wyo.
• Tyler Haaland: Warner
• Alli Hawley: Mellette
• Dasom Hwang: Cheonan-si, Chungcheongnam-do, South Korea
• Gatlin Johnson: Columbia
• Jennifer Kilber: Ipswich
• Hyun-ah Kim: Hanam-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
• Eunbin Lee: Busan, South Korea
• Jaeeun Lee: Suwon, South Korea
• Kaye Leiferman: Kimball
• WonJae Oh: Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
• Chanah Park: Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
• Joshua Shilman: Aberdeen
• Joseph Siebert: Aberdeen
• Samuel Son: Chuncheon City, Kang Won Province, South Korea
• Saetbyul Song: Incheon-Si, South Korea
• Alyssa Stolle: Groton
• Mike Tuch: Hartford
• Ryan Weybrecht: Gilbert, Ariz.
• Calley Worth: Gettysburg