Prepare for and participate in an online class just as you would a face-to-face class. Online learning takes a real commitment and responsibility if you are going to be successful. If you can answer yes to most of these questions, online learning could be for you.
- Are you self-motivated?
- Are you self-disciplined?
- Do you have strong time management skills?
- Are you able to commit 10-12 hours a week per course?
- Can you use technology properly?
- Do you have basic computer skills (word processing, Internet search, attachment, sending/receiving email, file management, upload & downloads)?
- Do you have a reliable computer and Internet connection?
- Are you able to meet assignment deadlines?
- Are you able to express your ideas and questions in writing?
- Are you able to speak up if problems arise?
To find out more about online learning, take IDL 192: Tp: Online Student Success. You'll experience what is expected of an online student. The course also will help answer your questions about online learning.