Need a Proctor for a Test?
If you are requesting a proctor other than those given for the BOR schools in South Dakota, please complete the Proctoring Form and return it to the Office of Online and Continuing Education.
Northern can proctor (supervise) your exam if you're enrolled at a S.D. Board of Regents (BOR) school.
- Get a proctor form from the institution from which you're taking the course.
- Complete the student section of the proctor form.
- Bring the form to the Office of Online and Continuing Education, Administration Building, Room 101. We'll complete the form, then return it to you so you can send it to the offering school.
Once Northern has been approved as a proctor site, we'll receive testing information from the offering institution. Then, you must:
- Contact the Office of Online and Continuing Education at least 48 hours before the time you'd like to take the exam to set and confirm a date.
- Bring a photo ID to your test.
- Make sure you know what you are allowed to use during the exam, such as calculator, notes, etc. We'll provide scratch paper and a testing room equipped with surveillance cameras.
If you can't arrange a test date through the the Office of Online and Continuing Education because of schedule difficulties, you may be able to arrange an alternative date through NSU's Williams Library; contact Robert Russell.
Proctor needed outside of NSU/Aberdeen
If you're attending a BOR school in South Dakota and taking a course from Northern that requires a proctor, please visit the appropriate site below: