High School Dual Credit Students
Aug. 7, 2018
1-3:30 p.m. CST
- Orientation Schedule and Location Details
- Livestreaming via BlackBoard Collaborate
- BlackBoard Collaborate Recording (for students who were unable to attend the live stream or face-to-face session)
- NOTE: It may take several minutes for the recording to load; if the recording does not automatically launch, you may need to click the Play button.
Huron community campus, online, and off-campus students
Aug. 8, 2018
5-7 p.m. CST
Face-to-face: Huron Community Campus at 333 9th Ave SW, Huron, S.D. Textbooks will be available on site for Huron Community Campus students to purchase.
Online and off-campus students may join the orientation via livestream.
To Access BlackBoard Collaborate for the Livestream (online and HSDC)
When you click on the link above your web browser should launch (you may need to copy and paste the above URL into your browser address line) and open a BlackBoard Collaborate window: "Get started with BlackBoard Collaborate Launcher."
- Choose Windows or Mac
- Click on the Download button – A download window should appear click Save File
- Locate the BlackBoard Collaborate Launcher-win.mis or –mac.mis download file
- Click the file – A BlackBoard Collaborate Launcher Setup window should appear
- Click the Next button
- Click the Install button
- Click Finish – You may have to click on the link below again to launch BlackBoard Collaborate
- BlackBoard Collaborate should launch.
- Visit the Tools menu at the top of the screen and click the Audio Setup Wizard to ensure the microphone and speakers are working properly. You can also submit written questions in the Chat section on the left side of the screen.