NSU’s sociology program includes emphases on criminal justice or human services to help prepare you for many different jobs in fields such as law, law enforcement, social welfare, business administration, education, communications, and advocacy.
Pursuing a sociology degree from NSU, you'll learn:
• The ability to write and speak well;
• Computer literacy and familiarity with data entry and analysis;
• Cross-cultural understanding and the ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds;
• Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership; and
• Research skills to analyze and synthesize information.
Our low faculty-to-student ratio means individualized attention for students inside and outside of the classroom.
Criminal Justice Emphasis
NSU's sociology degree with criminal justice specialization includes courses that focus on criminology, policing, law enforcement and corrections. Students will have the opportunity to take an in-depth look at criminal justice institutions and procedures, criminal conduct in society, and theories of crime, justice, laws, corrections systems and more.