New Art Students
A limited number of scholarship awards are available for new students (entering freshmen or transfer students).
Please submit a portfolio that includes 10-12 examples of your original artwork. You may submit original artworks (drawings, photos, etc.) or high-quality digital reproductions of original work; web portfolios or a CD portfolio of your artwork are acceptable. All portfolios will be returned.
• ACT scores
• Transcript(s) of your grades
• A letter of recommendation
• An application letter that discusses your art interests and career plans
New student applications/portfolios must be received by April 5 for scholarship consideration.
Current Art Students
Annually, the NSU Art Department awards 6‐10 merit‐based scholarships. The application process includes a formal application, examples of studio work and unofficial transcripts.
You must be a full‐time, degree‐seeking (BA, BSed or AS) art major (Art Ed, Fine Art, Multimedia Design, Ad Design, etc) enrolled in at least one art course per semester during your academic tenure at NSU.
You also must be in good academic standing with NSU.
- Completed application form
- CD or DVD with 3 high‐quality digital images of your strongest work in .jpeg or .pdf format (at least 1024x768 ppi)
- A Microsoft Office Word document accompanying the images that includes your name, title, medium, date. Ex: Jane Doe, Master Study after Monet, oil on canvas, Spring 2012.
- A printout of your unofficial transcripts/course history – available on WebAdvisor
Requirements for Scholarship Recipients
Art Department scholarship winners are expected to maintain a minimum of 2.8 GPA in their major courses. If this standard is not met, the award is subject to withdrawal at the discretion of the Art Department faculty.
Submit your materials in an envelope to the Art Office by April 5. Applications missing any aspect of the process will not be considered.
Art Scholarship Application