Whether you’re a former high school athlete or just looking for a good game, the intramural program at Northern will provide you with opportunities to stay fit, make friends and add to your overall college experience.
Intramural sports at NSU include:
Ultimate Flying Disc
Tournaments are held throughout the year.
Spring 2015 Intramurals
Sportsmanship is a critical component of the intramural sports program at Northern. While we stress the recreational nature of intramural sports, we understand our programs bring out your competitive nature. Our mission is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all participants.
We expect you, as a player, to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner before, during and after competitions. Officials, supervisors and administrators will decide when to warn, penalize or eject you or your team for poor sportsmanship. The decisions made by the intramural staff will be final.
Components of Sportsmanship
- Team captains have control over their team and spectators.
- Captains and players converse reasonably and rationally with officials and staff about calls and rule interpretations (In general, captains are the only players allowed to challenge or discuss calls with the officials.)
- Participants will refrain from using abusive language, threatening behavior or physical contact directed at an official or opposing player and/or team.
- Participants cooperate by responding to requests for information needed from intramural officials or staff.
- Team members participate in the spirit and intent of the game rules and policies. Participants accept judgment calls and/or decisions made by officials during a game.
- Throughout the contest teams demonstrate respect for their opponents as well as the facilities and equipment.
Intramural Sports will begin hiring student employees the first week of the academic year. Students interested in working for Intramural Sports should contact Student Involvement and Leadership, 626-3007.
This library either no longer exists or has no images in it. Please select a different library.