Need a proctor for a test?
Northern's Office of Student Affairs can proctor (supervise) your exam if you're enrolled at a S.D. Board of Regents (BOR) school.
Contact Student Affairs at least 3 days in advance to arrange for testing.
Proctoring at Northern is available Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays.
How to initiate proctored testing
- Get a proctor form from the institution from which you're taking the course.
NSU Proctoring Form
- Complete the student section of the proctor form. If you are requesting a proctor other than those listed for SDBOR schools, you must also fill out the proctor section.
- Bring or send the form to:
Office of Student Affairs
Student Center 222
1200 S. Jay St.
Aberdeen, S.D. 57401
We'll complete the form, then return it to you so you can send it to the offering school.
Once Northern has been approved as a proctor site, we'll receive testing information from the offering institution. Then, you must schedule your proctored test.
How to schedule proctored testing
- Contact the Student Affairs at least 3 days before the time you'd like to take the exam to set and confirm a date; call Student Affairs at 626-2530. Allow at least 3 days' advance notice when making your appointment. Proctoring is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Bring a photo ID to your test.
- Make sure you know what you are allowed to use during the exam, such as calculator, notes, etc. We'll provide scratch paper and a testing room equipped with surveillance cameras.
Proctors will enforce any time limits or test specifications provided by the instructor.
Student Affairs reserves the right to discontinue proctoring service for any student.
Proctor needed outside of NSU/Aberdeen
If you're attending an SDBOR school and taking a course from Northern that requires a proctor, please visit the appropriate site below: