Do you want to get more involved in the residence halls?
Are you looking for a leadership experience on campus?
Do you love Northern?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, the Resident Assistant Selection Committee invites YOU to apply to be a resident assistant.
The RA is a live-in member of the Residence Life team and assists the residence hall director/coordinator with the responsibilities for one residence hall, its occupants and facilities.
Primary responsibilities include establishing a safe and comfortable living environment conducive to learning. The RA will be on duty several nights a week, with weekend duties. RAs report to the residence hall director or coordinator.
Some RA responsibilities are to:
• Establish a safe and comfortable living environment for residents
• Be a positive role model
• Plan and execute programming in the residence halls
• Report maintenance issues
• Enforce university policies and procedures
• Actively support the Hall Council's activities
Potential RAs are required to:
• Be enrolled as an NSU undergraduate or graduate student during the academic year
• Complete the activities associated with the RA selection process
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.25
• Have strong communication skills and the ability to relate to students
• Know the campus and its resources
• Be a strong role model and remain in good standing
• Participate in training