Do you want to get more involved in the residence halls?
Are you looking for a leadership experience on campus?
Do you love Northern?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, the Resident Assistant Selection Committee invites YOU to apply to be a resident assistant.
Want to stay in Aberdeen for the summer? Apply to be a summer RA!
Summer RAs are expected to work 8-hour shifts throughout the week (including weekends), including morning, afternoon and overnight shifts. Summer RAs must be available to work during these times and cannot have jobs or classes that run throughout an entire business day.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Summer RAs must:
- Be available and live in assigned rooms from May 12-Aug. 11
- Realize that conference work will occur during some weekends
• Participate in summer RA training on May 13, 2015
• Establish effective communication with the summer conference coordinator/assistant coordinator
• Actively participate in staff training and scheduled staff meetings
• Be able to work effectively with a team
Summer RAs also must complete conference work as assigned, which includes the following requirements:
- Staff residence halls 24/7 when conferences are under way, including daytime and overnight shifts
- Be prepared and available to assist conference attendees
- Be a resource for conference attendees in all areas of campus life
- Assist with check-in and checkout procedures as assigned
- Complete all necessary paperwork and administrative tasks, including incident reports, work orders and duty logs
- Post notices
- Report maintenance concerns
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Uphold and enforce NSU policies and procedures
Summer RAs receive free room and board for the term of employment.
Short vacation periods and/or occasional weekends may be authorized by the summer conference coordinator.
Summer RAs may be asked to assist in the staging of furniture in the residence halls.