Report an Incident
Use the Incident Reporting Form to report concerns about a student’s safety or behavior that may pose a threat to another student. In this context, an "incident" is an event that does NOT warrant immediate intervention.
In an emergency or crisis situation that requires immediate intervention, call 9-911 from a campus phone or 911 from all other phones.
Safety Reports and Policies
Title IX Policy Guidelines
S.D. Board of Regents Policy on Prevention of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Stalking
S.D. Board of Regents Policy on Sexual Harassment
Student Center 212
Phone: 605-380-8925 (cell)
NSU campus security is provided by a member of the Aberdeen Police Department who serves the campus through a service contract while maintaining a position with the Aberdeen Police Department.
The campus officer:
- Files police reports as needed
- Helps make the campus a safe and welcoming home environment for students, faculty and staff
- Makes presentations on topics including safety, steps to reduce crime, theft prevention, appropriate use of social media, drug and alcohol issues, sexual assault awareness and prevention, and more
- Oversees Operation Registration, through which students may keep a list of their personal property on file in the Campus Security Office to aid in recovery in the event of loss or theft
- Answers law enforcement-related and campus or community resource questions
to see the video"Just Yell Fire" on combating violence against women.