McArthur-Welsh Hall is located on the south side of campus south of the technology center/MeWaldt-Jensen Building. Highlights of this hall include:
• Four-story, co-ed hall that can house approximately 190 residents, is handicapped accessible and a designated nonsmoking environment.
• Dubbed "McWelsh," the building honors Grace McArthur, a Northern music instructor from 1928 to 1966, and Emeline Welsh, an English professor from 1931 to 1966.
• Main lobby on the first floor has two large flat-screen TVs, microwave, piano area, pool table, table tennis and vending machines. A flat-screen TV is located in the other lounge/kitchen areas, which are centrally located on the other three floors.
• Rooms have individual desks with desk lights, shelves and dressers on each side of the room; spacious closets; and full-length mirrors.
• Independent heating controls for each room
• Wireless internet access is located throughout the hall, and individual rooms are wired for high-speed internet.
Standard McWelsh Floor Plan
Click for larger view