Steele Hall is located on the southwest edge of campus. Highlights of Steele include:
• Co-ed facility that houses approximately 65 students; the building is handicapped accessible and a designated nonsmoking environment
• Named for Dr. N. E. Steele, a lifelong South Dakota educator who served as Northern's seventh president from 1939 to 1951.
• Remodeled for fall 2005, Steele offers two-, 3- and 4-person suites that include extra-long twin beds, a micro-fridge, and bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Desks, chairs, couches, tables, dressers and wardrobes vary from room to room.
• The main lobby, on the second floor, contains a lounge area, vending machines and flat-screen TV. Laundry facilities and a lobby/kitchen with a flat-screen TV are on the first floor. Each floor has a kitchen area for residents.
• Wireless internet access is located throughout the hall, and individual rooms are wired for high-speed internet.