Frequently Asked Questions for 2020 HOWL Events
- Are all HOWLs moving to virtual?
- We hope to have on-campus HOWL events this summer. That being said, due to the fluid nature of COVID-19, we cannot guarantee on-campus events will be held. If you're an incoming freshman, we strongly encourage you to sign up for our virtual HOWL, which will allow you to register for fall classes and introduce you to all that Northern offers.
- What is the likelihood of on-campus events this summer?
- What does Virtual HOWL consist of?
- Virtual HOWL will be hosted in D2L, Northern’s online learning platform. On Tuesday, May 12, Virtual HOWL will open for you to begin. The online orientation covers the same important information you would have received at an on-campus HOWL event - shared through videos, opportunities for discussion, mock classes, and resources to prepare you for the fall. You’ll also be connected with orientation leaders - current Northern students available to answer your questions throughout the summer. Once you have reviewed orientation in D2L, you will be assigned an academic advisor, who will virtually help you register for fall classes.
- What if I have other questions?
- How can I register for Virtual HOWL?
- Register online HERE.