Academic Advising. We help students get on track and stay on track.
We're committed to helping every student get on track to graduation and keep them on track through dedicated academic advisors, including professional advisors in each school.
At Northern, advisors assist students by:
- Communicating program curriculum, graduation requirements, university policies and procedures;
- Developing individualized realistic goals and educational plans;
- Facilitating connections with Northern's resources and services;
- Assisting in the development of good decision-making skills and encouraging students to "own" their educational plans and goals;
- Promoting the purpose and goals of higher education;
- Monitoring and accurately documenting students' progress;
- Meeting with students in-person, via telephone, or online;
- Encouraging students to connect with NSU professors;
- Maintaining confidentiality.