During HOWL, you will:
- Get to know classmates
- Set up your first-semester schedule
- Meet your academic advisor
- Have a sample class with a professor
- Get your student ID
- Connect with current Northern students
- Discuss your financial aid
- Tour residence halls
- Become part of the Pack!
You'll also get your myNSU portal login as well as access to your NSU email and Self-Service Banner (SSB) accounts.
Whether you're joining us on campus or virtually, HOWL is the perfect opportunity to get acquainted with Northern and be ready to join the pack in the fall!
Questions? Email Director of Student Involvement & Leadership Megan Frewaldt or visit the resources below.
- HOWL Registration FAQs
- HOWL for Parents
- Placement scores and testing information
- Math/English/reading placement tables
- Math advising and placement help
- Do I need to test? - Northern uses a student’s existing standardized test scores to determine placement, such as ACT or SAT scores. When such scores are not available, Northern uses the modified remote ACCUPLACER testing procedures issued by the College Board to facilitate placement. Students can take the ACCUPLACER here on campus; via Zoom; or at a testing center in their state, if the student is from out of state. Students should complete the ACCUPLACER before meeting with their academic advisor to register for courses.
- Math Index Calculator
- Academic Whys and What Fors
- Privacy Release Form
- First-Year Seminar