Welcome! Northern State University’s School of Business is the choice for your business education and preparation for a successful career. We - the faculty, staff, and I - hope you will come to visit the campus and meet with us and our students!
I am excited that you are considering becoming part of the Northern State University Business School family. Moving on from high school and choosing a college is an exciting time in your life, and is an important decision. Allow me to share a little about what makes Northern and the School of Business an awesome place.
Students are the number one priority at Northern and the School of Business. Our campus is full of friendly and caring people, professors who genuinely care about you, and a staff who will go out of their way to help you.
Northern is located on a beautiful campus with lots of new facilities, including residence halls, the new Science Center, the new practice and soccer fields, and a soon to come stadium! The School of Business is located in Lincoln Hall on the campus green, where you’ll often find students engaged in a Frisbee game, studying, or just enjoying the sunshine.
Our faculty are dedicated professionals who excel in connecting with you and providing an educational experience equal to that of any university. At Northern, you’ll not only get the latest materials in the classroom, but you’ll also have opportunities to learn outside the classroom with internships and study abroad. By the way, the world also comes to study here: students from over 40 countries study at Northern!
As you consider and make your final decisions about college, remember that students at Northern value the support they receive from faculty, the relationships they establish with their classmates, and the extensive opportunities to develop and grow in all facets of life. Longer range, the School of Business also helps you to prepare for your first professional position and career. Northern's graduates work in a broad range of professional careers all over the world.
If you seek a world-class education in a safe and friendly environment, you will find it at Northern. I hope you will come to campus for a visit and see for yourself how a Northern business education can prepare you for your future!
Dr. Doug Ohmer
Interim Dean, School of Business
The School of Business works to expand its relationships with area businesses through biannual meetings of the Business Advisory Board. Board members include industry experts in a wide variety of business sectors. The board serves as a liaison between NSU and the business community, advising the School of Business on current and emerging trends and issues in industry.
- Jaret Biel - Northwestern Mutual
- Leah Brink - Daktronics
- Dave Burgard - Midstates Group
- Matt Campbell - My Place Hotels
- Bob Compton - Dacotah Bank, Inc
- Derrick Dinger - Northwestern Mutual
- Kevin Fiedler - Ken's SuperFair Foods
- Todd Forkel - Avera St. Luke's
- Mary Grund - Molded Fiberglass
- Barb Hauge - 3M
- Justin Kehrwald - Tradehome Shoes
- Kelly Kjelden - POET
- Jess Koehler - The Koehler Organization
- Danielle Lamont - Avera St. Luke’s
- Lynn Lander - City of Aberdeen
- Steven Lust - Steven Lust Automotive
- Mark McNeary - Primrose Retirement Communities
- Mark Schaub - Molded Fiberglass
- Tom Seyer - Rhodes Anderson Insurance
- Judy Stulken - Agtegra Cooperative
- Pat Teal - Tradehome Shoes
- Rod Tobin - Siegel, Barnett & Schutz Law
- Allen Barclay - Faculty
- Monica Burgeson - Secretary
- Tim Downs - NSU President
- Todd Jordre - NSU Foundation
- Doug Ohmer - School of Business Interim Dean
- Jon Olson - NSU Foundation
- Michael Wanous - Provost