With this degree, you'll learn to provide high-quality care as a professional nurse. You'll be prepared to work in a variety of settings, helping people with complex medical issues. Classes and labs will be held on campus at Northern, while clinicals will be completed at Sanford Medical Center or Avera St. Luke's Hospital in Aberdeen, or in hospitals in surrounding communities. Selected intensive experiences will take place in other South Dakota communities.
- March Application period opens
- June 1 Priority deadline
- July Qualified candidate interviews
- August Decision period
- January Program begins
Northern graduates can get guaranteed acceptance
Northern graduates are now eligible for guaranteed acceptance into the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program offered at Northern through South Dakota State University!
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree at Northern,
- Successful completion of pre-requisite courses,
- Maintenance of grade point average of 3.0 overall and 2.8 in pre-requisite courses, and
- A "C" or higher in pre-requisite courses
The guaranteed admission agreement between Northern and SDSU was recently approved by the South Dakota Board of Regents.
Please see SDSU Accelerated B.S.N. Program - Aberdeen for details.