To participate, you must be a current Northern State University student. You may enter and compete solo or in teams.
The preliminary judging panel will consist of Northern staff/faculty from multiple schools and departments. Semi-finalists will be partnered with a faculty member on campus to help make your pitch amazing! Semi-finalists must participate in the Final Business Pitch Competition. Preliminary judging will be based on:
- Clarity of your concept
- Creativeness of your solution to problem/opportunity
Final judging will be based on:
- The compelling case that you have made that this idea has merit
- Presentation of a reasoned thought process, etc.
- The creativity of the idea
- The presentation
For the video pitch (and your chance to make it to the Final Business Pitch), your job is to excite the judges about your idea!
Be sure to answer the following questions:
- What is your business, product or service idea and how does the solve a problem or opportunity?
- Who is your target market(s)?
- What resources will you need to make this idea come to life?
- What is your competitive advantage?
- Team name (if applicable)
- Primary contact email
- Primary contact phone number
- Name of business, product, service idea
- Brief description (less than 25 words)
- Link to your video