For finance updates related to COVID-19 changes, please visit Covid FAQs. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
Northern State University provides several options to students for payment:
In Person: Students can attend fee payment held each semester in the Finance Office, Krikac 202A. Payment must be made by the day after the census date.
By Mail: Students can mail payment to the NSU Finance Office:
Krikac Administration Building 202A
1200 S. Jay St.
Aberdeen, S.D. 57401
SDePay: Students can pay their bill via e-check or credit card online through SDePay.
Current NSU students will find additional NSU Finance Office resources on myNSU.
- Login for Students - Requires NSU ID and password
- Login for Parents or Authorized Payers - View and pay a student's account. Requires the student to create a login and password to grant access.
DePay is an electronic billing and payment service and is accessible by logging on to Self-Service Banner or at the links above. Bills are posted online about three weeks before the start of each semester. Students can pay their bill via e-check or credit card online through SDePay. A 2.75 percent service fee will be charged on all credit card payments.
- View and print your tuition and fee statement
- Pay online by eCheck (no fee) or by credit card
- Set up parents and other authorized payers to view and pay your bill
- View billing payment history
Advantages of SDePay
- Convenient and easy
- Free eCheck service
- Saves time no waiting in line at fee payment
- Private and secure
- Easy for parents and other authorized payers to pay tuition bills
- Online history of e-bills and e-payments
Monthly Payment Plans With SDePay
- Easy online enrollment through Self-Service Bnner/ SDePay and e-Cashier
- Automatic bank payment (ACH) from checking or savings
- Credit card/debit card
- 2.75% service fee
- $40 enrollment fee per semester
- $30 returned payment fee on NSF payments
- Monthly payments processed on the 5th of each month
Consolidation loans are designed to make student loan repayment easier. They allow the borrower to combine existing eligible federal student loans into one new loan. The advantage to consolidation is that it may extend the loan repayment period, thereby lowering the monthly payments. However, the extended repayment term will mean that the borrower will pay more interest over the life of the loan. A consolidation loan can be a good alternative for borrowers who owe a large sum of money on several student loans with high monthly payments, have student loans with several different lenders, or have several loans due-dated.
For details on consolidation, contact one of your existing student loan lenders; or, you may wish to contact the U.S. Department of Education Direct Loan office at 1-800-557-7392 or visit the links below: