- Locating funding sources for ideas and proposed projects;
- Securing application materials;
- Preparing proposals and grant applications;
- Coordinating on-campus approval phases;
- Serving as the authorized organizational representative in submitting completed grant applications to funding agencies;
- Interpreting agency award letters to determine grant administration responsibilities;
- Establishing a fund for grants; and
- Maintaining a deliverables calendar.
The office is a communication hub to help keep the university apprised of internal and external research opportunities, and helps ensure Northern complies with increasingly complex funding regulations.
Northern is committed not only to faculty research, but also to student research. Our Undergraduate Research page details Northern's student research opportunities; myNSU, our campus-only website, provides resources for student researchers; and the campus-wide proposal process is available to help students find funding for their research projects.
The office is located on the second floor of Spafford Hall in Suite 205.