Returning Students

Whether you've been away one year or 20, we're delighted you're considering coming to Northern to finish your degree.

If you've taken college classes in the past - but didn't complete a degree - you can finish here on campus, or from a distance through NSU Online & Continuing Education. Your degree is only a few steps away!

Talk to us

Submit your transcript to the NSU Registrar's Office for a program evaluation to determine which courses will complete your degree.

Apply for admission

You're able to apply at any time, whether or not your program evaluation is complete. Please apply online.

What you'll need

Returning to Northern (without attending another college):
​Returning to complete a college degree:
  • Apply to Northern as a transfer student: $20 application fee required
  • Completed FAFSA if you plan to apply for financial aid
  • Final official high school transcript (not needed if you already have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university)
  • Final official college transcript
  • Current immunization record if you'll attend classes on campus
We understand the prospect of returning to college can be daunting. At Northern, we'll be at your side to help ensure nothing will prevent you from achieving your educational goals. For immediate assistance and answers, please contact NSU Admissions, 1-800-678-5330; or request information.

You're admitted to Northern! now what?

Finish your degree!

Request information on how you can complete your college degree!

For more information about continuing or finishing your degree at Northern, please contact Mina Solinger:

Mina Solinger

Mina Solinger

Admissions Coordinator