Here are just some of the awesome programs available to you at Northern:
- Dozens of clubs and organizations, including academic, cultural, service, athletic, special interest, faith-based and more.
- Campus Activities Board: a student-led organization that promotes student engagement through programs and special events.
- Wellness programs such as fitness classes, intramural sports and monthly educational programs.
- Multicultural events: With students from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds, we’re proud to support all students in a welcoming environment of mutual respect. Throughout the year, special events on and off campus provide an opportunity to meet new people and broaden perspectives.
Your Northern life begins with Wolf Pack Welcome. Here’s where you’ll meet other new students and dive into all of the excitement and fun on campus. And wait ‘til you experience your first Gypsy Days - it’s a carnival and homecoming rolled into one. So come to Northern. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 10 a.m. CST. Videos will be available on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
- Is yoga, meditation, or wellness more your thing? Check out The Oil Room to keep up your practices from the comfort of your living room.
Virtual Tours and Museums
Experience the best museums, in locations from NYC to France to Seoul, in the comfort of your home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
Check out some cool places around the world from national parks to national landmarks.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and five other national parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google!)
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
Just want a cute and cuddly animal-kingdom distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options, from silly sea otters and curious elephants to hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
More Fun Things To Do
- Check out the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Have a long-distance movie night with family and friends.
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home.
- Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge watch while you’re home, in between your remote classes of course!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Need a new book to read? Check out an ebook from Williams Library or KO Lee Library.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Virtually attend an opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world or choose from over 1,500 coloring pages with Just Color.
Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Please visit Covid-19 for more information and updates about Covid-19 and its impact on Northern's campus and community.