Log in to access or reload your account:
How do Thunder Bucks work?
Thunder Bucks allows you to deposit money to your NSU ID with no hidden fees! Funds are instantly available when you reload online.
- Add money to your account using a credit card (minimum $10, maximum $100)
- Save credit card information for later use
- Anonymous/guest deposits are possible
- Parents (or anyone) can reload your card (they'll need to know your last name and student ID number)
- Deactivate card if lost, reactivate if found
Where can I use Thunder Bucks?
- Laundry in the residence halls
- Pop/beverage machines across campus
- Einstein’s in Avera Student Center
- Dining Services
- Papa John’s in Great Plains East
- POD Store in Great Plains East
- Printing in the library, Tech Center Lab 13 and Great Plains East
- Barnett Center concessions
- Dacotah Stadium concessions
- Soccer (Pavilion) concessions
Which student ID number to use:
- Use the seven-digit number on the back of your NSU ID card.
- If there's no number on the back of your card, use the number on the front of the card. (Do not include any letters.)
Loading Thunder Bucks to Your ID Card
Load your card with Thunder Bucks online with eAccount. You can pay with Visa, Discover, or MasterCard ($10 minimum). You can also pay with cash or check at the Finance Office ($25 minimum).
The amount of funds loaded onto your University ID is the amount you actually spend. Your balance carries over from semester to semester and year to year. At the end of your NSU experience, any remaining balance of $10 or more may be refunded. Amounts under $10 are not refundable, but may be spent out.
Thunder Bucks is different from university meal plan flex dollars, as those dollars are strictly limited to use through Northern's dining services provider; do not carry over from year to year; and are nonrefundable.
Using Thunder Bucks
The amount of each purchase, including tax, will be deducted from the funds loaded on your card. You agree to only use the card for purchases of goods and services, not to obtain cash from a merchant or the university. You may return purchases to merchant contingent upon their return policy for a refund allocated to your card.
You're responsible for monitoring your spending activity through the use of your MyNSU portal. If you attempt to use your card when there are insufficient funds available, the transaction should not be approved. If such a transaction would be approved, causing your account to develop a negative amount, you agree to pay such amount promptly.
Keep the card in your possession at all times. Lending this card to anyone is a violation of student conduct policy. You may not permit anyone to use this card.
Lost or Stolen Card
Should your card be lost or stolen, you may immediately go to the eAccount Service page and place a freeze on your card to prevent the card from being used. Contact the Card Services office at 605-626-2426 immediately and report your card as stolen. The Card Services Office can issue you a new ID for $15. For more information, visit the Card Services page.
All funds loaded through the Thunder Bucks program will be carried over from school term to school term. When you graduate from or end your studies at NSU, you may request a refund of remaining funds in writing with the Finance Office, provided that you have a balance greater than $10. If you have less than $10 remaining on your card, we will not issue a refund, but encourage you to spend the balance. Any refunds not requested for refund after 90 days from your termination of agreement will become the property of Northern State University.