The Tutoring Center provides free academic support for all Northern students through personalized, one-on-one assistance. Sessions can be held face-to-face or via Zoom. The center is located in Technology Center 148.
Multiple Subjects Tutoring
- Who can receive free tutoring? Any Northern student -- whether on campus, online, part-time, at Huron Community Campus, or high school dual credit.
- Which courses does the Tutoring Center support? The Tutoring Center provides support for all 100- and 200-level courses and most upper-level courses.
- Who are the tutors? Our tutors are successful Northern students who are driven to help others. Many of them plan to become teachers and have previous tutoring experience. Our tutors are recommended by faculty and have gone through an extensive training process. They are well-prepared to help students use their current skills and develop new ones.
- How long do sessions last, and when is the Tutoring Center open? Each session lasts 50 minutes, and the Tutoring Center is open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our tutors will also schedule evening and weekend sessions.
- How can students make an appointment? Schedule an appointment HERE.
Do you need help in a math class? Tutoring is available on a drop-in basis (no appointment needed) for general education mathematics classes from MATH 021 Basic Algebra through MATH 125 Calculus II.
Mathematics tutors are available during the academic year:
- Noon-8 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Noon-4 p.m. Fridays
- 4-8 p.m. most Sundays
Bring your class materials with you and stop by the Tutoring Center, located in Technology Center 119, for help with your math class!
Writing Summaries Resource: