Certify your veteran's benefits
Registrar's Office, Dacotah Hall 103, 605-626-2545. Please contact this office to initiate and maintain your benefits and to become certified with the VA.
Gain admission or readmission to Northern
Admissions Office, 605-626-2544,Student Center 213
Finance your education
Financial Aid Office, 605-626-2640, Dacotah Hall 103
See the Benefits Page.
Take classes online
Online and Continuing Education, 605-626-2568, Krikac 116
Sharpen your academic skills (studying, test-taking, note-taking)
or get tutoring
University College, 605-626-2633, Dacotah Hall 101
Adjust to college and civilian life
Counseling Center, 605-626-2371, Student Center 240
If you need help to achieve your academic goals (e.g. note taker, books on CD, or extended test time) or to overcomemobility issues, contact Disability Services, 605-626-2371, Student Center 240
Plan your career and find employment
Career Services, 605-626-2371, Student Center 240
The S.D. Department of Labor and Regulation Aberdeen office, 605-626-2301, open during business hours Monday through Friday. A representative will be at Northern from 10 a.m. to noon every third Wednesday of the month in Student Center 222.
- Direct referral to job openings;
- Job search information;
- Resume and cover letter assistance, and interview help;
- Eligibility determination for veterans' employment and training programs;
- Information on applying for federal, state, county, and city employment;
- Assistance with vocational choice and cross-matching of military skills to civilian employment;
- Call-ins on newly received jobs;
- Assistance with Internet job searches;
- Labor market information;
- And information on and help with state and federal veterans' benefits
Off-campus Resources and Contacts
OnlineCollegesDatabase.org- Higher education resources for veterans and their families
Make the Connection (shared experiences and support for veterans)
Military One Source -A Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, Guard and reserve service members, and their families. Information includes, but is not limited to, deployment, reunion, relationship, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care.
Veterans Service Organizations